This year we held a VIRTUAL Miles for Meso run / walk in order to keep the annual tradition going.
Since the first Miles for Meso in 2009, race participants have ran a total of 16,267 miles, and the event has raised over $650,000 for mesothelioma research. The race has become a fun, family-friendly way to raise awareness about mesothelioma and the dangers of asbestos.
Organizations that have received these funds are the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation (The Meso Foundation), the Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO) and PENN Medicine’s mesothelioma program.
The 2020 5-k was a great success with:
- 108 Virtual Registrations
- Over $15,000 in donations
- More than 55 Donors from coast to coast in USA and Canada.
From Washington to North Carolina and British Columbia to Saskatchewan
- Shirts were given to each registrant
- The virtual race allowed us to expand our reach and offer the virtual race experience to anyone.
- Organizers from past years came out and donated time and money to raise funds for Mesothelioma.
- Staff deserve a huge THANK YOU for their efforts in organizing the race from start to finish.
Hannah Thayer, Trisha Plucknett, Brian Vandiver, Leif Ellsworth
Thanks to all participants, volunteers, donors, sponsors, and staff for creating such a great event in these unusual circumstances.