Summer Camp Letter to parents and guardians
I hope this letter finds you and your families healthy, safe and happy. I have been receiving many emails regarding summer camp and if we will be running it this June, July and August. At this time, we are planning to run summer camp beginning June 22nd! Space will be limited this summer upon re-opening. Creating a safe environment for our kids and staff to remain healthy is our utmost concern and priority.
In compliance with CDC guidelines for Child Care Programs, below are precautions we will be taking to ensure the safety of campers and staff:
- Promote healthy hygiene practices (teach and reinforce washing hands, promote everyday protective measures and cloth face coverings)
- Additional staff for cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces.
- Limit enrollment to 80 kids per week
- 1:9 (counselor : kids ratio) in each room/space to comply with social distancing standards (restrict mixing between groups)
- Additional staff to allow smaller groups; Groups will rotate between FWCC and Celebration Park for outdoor activities.
- Implement temperature and symptom screening upon arrival (camp admin will administer during check in process). If the child presents a fever above 100 degrees, child will not be able attend camp.
- Limiting direct contact with parents as much as possible by staggering arrival. Campers will be dropped off via the carpool lane from 6:30am-9:30am and picked up at the same location 3pm-6pm. Parents should enter the north parking lot (by the gym) and drive behind the FWCC pull forward until a camp staff member is available for check in or check out. Parents will continue through to exit through the south gate.
- No offsite field trips
- No swimming/swimming lessons (until FWCC is able to open the pool safely)
- Partnering with Greater Seattle YMCA to provide lunches to camp (as a closed to public site)
- A variety of additional activities have been planned to keep kids engaged
The best way to guarantee your child’s space in camp upon re-opening of FWCC is to register online (https://rec.cityoffederalway.com/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/splash.html), pay the enrollment fee ($45) which is good for the entire summer and place a holding fee ($50) on each week you would like to register for (the remaining payment will be taken the Monday prior to camp start date). Right now, we are planning to run camp beginning June 22nd, but this could change to either the beginning of June or later into July depending on the current safety measures put in place by the governor. If camp is postponed or cancelled due to COVID-19, you will be refunded the enrollment and holding fees in full for not attending camp.
Step by Step: How to Register for Summer Camp Online
- Login username (your primary email) and password. If you need assistance with either of these, please email email@example.com for assistance.
- On the “Registration Home” page, click “Camps”
- Select the appropriate camp (there are multiple pages of camps). Cubbies is for kids going into Kindergarten, Craze and Commotion is for kids going into 1st-6th grade and Teen Camp is for kids going into 7th-10th grade. Click the “+” next to enrollment fee and weeks of camp and then “add to cart” at the bottom of your screen.
- Select who you plan to register and toggle the registrations to “continue”
- Answer the questions FULLY for the enrollment fee (camp staff will use this on a daily basis for your child), toggle you have read and agree to the waiver and click “continue”.
- Billing Option: You will have the option to “Pay in Full” or toggle down and select “Summer Camp Billing Template (new card or card on file)”
Pay in full: Payment for summer camp will be paid in full at time of registration.
Summer Camp Billing Template: Paying a $50 hold fee to guarantee child’s spot in camp. Remaining payment will be due the Monday prior to attending. Payment will automatically be charged to the card you select or add to your account.
Click “continue” and proceed to make a payment (and/or place a new card on file) to complete summer camp registration.
As the City of Federal Way continues to take action to prevent the spread of COVID-19, both in the community and among staff members, decisions are constantly changing and plans to open and run camp might also change. This is a challenging time in our community but we are hopeful we will be able to come together in some form this summer!
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will update this letter as more information becomes readily available.
Community Recreation Coordinator & Youth Commission Liaison
Summer Camp 2020: Get Ready for Summer Fun!
Looking for camps? You’ll find options for preschool age through the teen years in various topics and settings. Week-long day camp options are offered for elementary school age, middle school and teens with weekly themes.
Summer camps in Federal Way fill quickly – get your spot reserved early!
CUBBIES CAMP | CRAZE & COMMOTION CAMP | TEEN CAMP
Our full day Summer Camp is simply the best! If you need a flexible summer schedule, you can pick and choose the weeks you need. Your child will have an incredible summer at the Federal Way Community Center. There will be plenty of time for games and crafts. Bring a morning snack, sack lunch and drink each day.
Cubbies Camp for kids going into Kindergarten
Craze and Commotion Camp for kids going into 1st – 6th grade
Teen Camp for kids going into 7th-10th grades
Spring Break Camp 2021
SPRING BREAK CAMP Information available January 2021
No School Days (2020-2021 School Year)
Information available in September 2020
Holiday Camp 2020
Information available September 2020
- Register online
Theater & Dance Camps
- Summer Musical Theatre
- Register online
Skyhawks Sports Camps
- BASKETBALL CAMP
- BASEBALL CAMP
- SOCCER CAMP
- MINI-HAWK® CAMP (SOCCER, BASEBALL & BASKETBALL)
- TENNIS CAMP