The Federal Way Community Center is taking every precaution against the potential threat of coronavirus in Federal Way. The community center is taking and recommending these steps to minimize a potential threat or outbreak.
- If you feel ill or have the flu, seek medical attention immediately! Please do not enter the community center or other high trafic areas other than when getting checked medically
- Frequent hand washing with warm water and soap for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, upper sleeve or elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Soap and warm water are available in all of our restrooms, and hand sanitizer has been placed around the facility.
- Common areas are frequently cleaned including door handles, fitness equipment, lockers, and other “high touch” items
Our facility is cleaned daily using products that disinfect each piece of equipment and ask that after each use by a patron that it be cleaned again utilizing those products that are placed around the facility for users use.
As with any newly emerging infectious disease, knowledge evolves with time, and recommendations are changing rapidly. We are closely monitoring information from public health officials and will follow their prevention guidelines to help keep our facilities clean and community safe. For more local information visit the City of Federal Way coronavirus web page.