Facility Use Grant Application for Nonprofit Organizations
The City of Federal Way is providing a program that offers free meeting space for nonprofit organizations to provide direct services. Available locations include rooms at the Federal Way Community Center and the Dumas Bay Centre.
- Nonprofit organizations are eligible to apply for free facility rental to provide direct service programming.
- It is not available for business or commercial uses, fundraising events, or organization functions aside from direct services. It is not available for uses that have admissions or fees.
- Reservations will be based on facility availability during normal business hours.
Overall Rules and Policies
- Users will be governed by all aspects of the Federal Way Community Center and/or Dumas Bay Centre policies and rules including the following:
- There is no use of facilities outside of normal business hours.
- Following review of applications to determine eligibility, a lottery system will be used to randomly select organizations and determine an order for reserving space.
- Dates, times, and locations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Blackout Dates: New Year’s Day, July 4th, First Full week in September, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
- Uses will be cancelled if the building is closed for weather or other emergencies.
- There may be times where reservations may be changed to accommodate larger-scale, paid rentals.
- 1 staff to 6 youth ratio (background check required for staff)
- Agree to the terms in the facility rental agreement; a sample agreement is available here.
- All users must provide proof of coverage for liability insurance.
- Limits of no less than $2,000,000 general aggregate and $1,000,000 per person/per incident and names the City of Federal Way as “additionally insured”,
- Dates, times, and location of the event/use
- Endorsement that the renter’s insurance coverage shall be primary insurance as respects to the City of Federal Way and provide the endorsement.
- Once available grant funds are expended, organizations that wish to reserve additional space may do so through the normal process at the regular rental rates.