To Our Members and Community,
As we approach the October 25th, 2021 date with regards to vaccine verification, we wanted to share with you a few changes and requirements after this goes into effect.
- People age 12 and older will be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test to enter the facility.
- If you are signing up for a program or dropping off someone at the center you will not need to show proof of vaccination or a negative test.
- We ask that if you are coming to the community center before the 25th of October, to please bring your vaccination card. We will record that on your account to help expedite future entry.
What can be used as proof of vaccination?
- CDC COVID-19 vaccine record card or photo of vaccine card.
- Printed certificate or QR code from MyIRMobile.com or other apps.
- Other official immunization records from within or outside the U.S., including from your health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable.
NOTE: Documentation of medical or religious exemptions not accepted.
Since youth aren’t eligible for vaccination until they are 12, is there a grace period before a 12-year-old needs to show proof of vaccination?
- Yes. Twelve-year-old’s may participate if an adult can state that the child is in the process of getting vaccinated. Twelve-year-old’s are required to be vaccinated, but we recognize that it takes additional weeks after they turn 12 to complete all shots and be fully vaccinated.
Should you need additional information regarding the types of tests or any further details regarding these changes please visit the link HERE for more information on the King County website.
We thank you for your cooperation as we transition to this updated requirement.